Engagement of young people as stakeholders
To facilitate the meaningful participation of young people as stakeholders:
- Invite young people to be a direct part of stakeholder platform communications and activities.
- Embed the role of youth peer researchers within the stakeholder platform, so young people are involved as researchers and wider stakeholders.
- Another option is to link a ‘Young People’s Advisory Group’ with the wider stakeholder platform, and develop opportunities for these platforms to come together in the project.
- Young people can be reached as stakeholders through the work they are already doing within established youth organisations, councils and leadership initiatives.
- Connect the stakeholder platform to these already established initiatives so as to support youth-led infrastructures that are already established.
- Ensure that continuous feedback is given to young people about the impact and influence of their involvement so that it is not experienced as extractive.
(c) Smart Banda, Stand & Be Counted Theatre